Roscrea Church about 1900.
This shows Abbey St in the early 1900s . On the right is what is now known as Hannon House. This was once the site of a Bridgidine convent , the nuns moved to it from Rosemary Square when the house there became too small. It was then used as a community hall until the Abbey Hall was built.
Another view of Abbey St from early 1900s
This is an old print from 1779 showing the chirch as it was then. The church behind the old Friary was there until the new church was built in 1850s.It was where the Legion hall is today.
Franciscan Friary again early 1900s
This picture shows the Abbey hall not long after being completed. The hall was started by the people of the town in 1920 and took some years to complete. It ran in to debt and was taken over by the parish in 1937. The handball alley was added some years later. The roscrea Operatic Society have been putting on shows in it for over 75 years.
This picture is looking down Abbey St from Rosemary Square about 1900
This one was taken from the site where the Abbey Hall stands today.